1. What was your fitness life like before joining CrossFit Fireside?
Before I joined Fireside I was doing CrossFit at another gym in the area. I wanted a different experience and I’m glad I was able to become part of Fireside.
2. How has CrossFit Fireside changed your life?
Fireside brought huge community support to my life. Seeing the smiling faces and feeling apart of the community brings me joy. Currently in my health situation Fireside has kept me going both physically and mentally.
3. What are your future goals?
Future goals are to just to keep moving!!! That’s another thing I love about Fireside is that I can scale every movement so I can keep moving.
4. What’s been the hardest part of your journey?
I was diagnosed with breast cancer June 30, 2021. My doctors all told me to keep working out. I think part of it was to have some normalcy during my chemotherapy but also the doctors knew that working out helps with endorphins and exercise helps with fatigue. I have had a hard time accepting I’m not at the same level as I was before cancer.
5. What keeps you coming back?
I keep coming back because of the community and the programming!!
6. What do you love most about Fireside?
I love the coaches at Fireside and every single person I get to meet at the classes.
7. What advice do you have for people that are on the fence about trying CrossFit?
I think CrossFit is for every person at every level. It’s not the same movements, constantly varied! Plus it is so fun when you lift some heavy weights or do a movement that you’ve been working on for so long.
8. Why join CrossFit Fireside over any other gym?
CrossFit Fireside has a wonderful facility with great equipment. Fireside’s programming is pretty great!